Organic social media refers to the free content (posts, photos, video, memes, Stories, etc.) that all users, including businesses and brands, share with each other on their feeds.
As a brand, when you post organically to your account, you can expect that the people who will see it are:
- A percentage of your followers (a.k.a. your ‘organic reach’)
- Your followers’ followers (if people choose to share your post)
- People following any hashtags you use
It sounds pretty simple, but the reason that organic social media is the foundation of every digital marketing strategy today is because it’s the best way to nurture a connection with your customers at scale.
For example, brands use organic social to:
- establish their personality and voice
- build relationships by sharing informative, entertaining, and/or inspiring content
- engage customers at every stage of their buying journey
- support their customers with customer service.
What is a social media audit?
The Madavi social team are experts in leveraging all the major social media channels that our clients are on. This includes Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. But just because we have the means to support you on all these platforms, doesn’t mean you should be on all of them. Dont’s worry! We can help you figure out which ones will help you reach your target audience.
What is social media community management?
Community management is essentially the oversight and maintenance of your brand’s social media pages. This could include responding to comments or muting negative comments, following other relevant brands, and publishing new content. It seems simple enough but can be a very time-consuming activity, especially to do it effectively. Our team is experienced in this type of social media management and can ensure that your brand is engaging with your audience in the most authentic way.
The Pros of Organic Social Media
- Its more cost effective _ Any costs you incur would come from the work it takes to engage with your community and create content to populate your social media feeds
- It allows you to directly engage with your audience.
- It helps you to establish a unique brand identity
The Cons of Organic Social Media
- It can be quite time consuming to manage and maintain consistent content posting
- Algorithms are quite dynamic and difficult to understand since they shift frequently
- It offers less flexibility when it comes to immediate search.